What is ACYF?
The Australian Catholic Youth Festival (ACYF) is a national gathering of Catholic young people established by the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference (ACBC). It exists to provide young people with opportunities to deepen their relationship with Jesus, be empowered to be disciples in the world today and encounter and celebrate the vitality of the Church in Australia
The Australian Catholic Youth Festival exists to:
- Provide a high quality formative and experiential opportunity for young Catholics to encounter Jesus Christ, in the context of the Catholic Church in Australia;
- Listen to and discuss the issues and challenges in the lives of young Catholics in Australia;
- Evangelise young people and empower them to be evangelists;
- Provide young people with local examples and connections of vocations, social action, liturgy and prayer, catholic music and catechesis.
ACYF 2019 Prayer
Holy Spirit, Breath of God, you come to us in the stillness and silence of this Great South Land.
Give us the courage to open our hearts and ears, to listen to your voice as we seek to foster the growth of your Church in Australia.
Grant us the desire to know Jesus and say our ‘Yes’ to his invitation to spread the joy of the Gospel.
We ask for the gift of hope as you guide us in our search for purpose and meaning in our lives.
We pray together as young people that we may love and care for all of creation.
We make this prayer through Jesus Christ our Lord, our brother and our companion, who lives with You and the Father forever and ever.
When / Where / Who
The Archdiocese of Perth is hosting the next event from December 8th-10th 2019 on behalf of the ACBC. Approximately 9.30am – 8.30pm each day.
Who is the Festival For?
Young people from year 9 (in 2019) to young adults 30 years of age are invited to the event.
NB: Young people under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
In order to ensure a safe and secure setting for our target audience the following restrictions apply:
- Group coordinators must be over 18 years of age.
- Young people under the age of 18 cannot register as an individual and must be registered as part of a group and be supervised by a group coordinator.
- Adults over 30 years of age cannot register as a ‘participant’ in the festival. Those aged over 30 years are encouraged to support a group in a leadership role or register their interest as a volunteer.
- Organisations or communities who wish to promote their ministry at the festival must apply and be approved through the expo stallholder’s application process.
- Potential volunteers must express interest with the hosting diocese and meet local and festival requirements (policies) before being appointed an official volunteer.
- Families with children under the nominated age bracket are not able to attend as the festival includes content, which is of a mature nature (e.g. Relationships, justice, etc.)
Only those meeting these criteria will be accepted for registration.
The Festival will use the scriptural focus of the 2020 Plenary Council by adopting the theme:
‘Listen to what the Spirit is saying’ (Rev 2:7)
Scripture reflection resources to come…
Registration will open in April 2019 with bookings to be made at www.acyf.org.au
Do I have to register as a part of a group?
Under 18s – You must register as a part of a group and participate with and be supervised by a Group Coordinator.
Ages 18-30 – You are able to register as an individual.
What does it cost to register?
Registrations costs have not yet been confirmed, however estimated costs are provided below to assist with planning.
Registration is based on geographical diocese location and includes event entry:
GROUP A: $250
Archdiocese of Perth
GROUP B: $220
Archdiocese of Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra Goulburn, Melbourne, Hobart and the Diocese of Broken Bay, Bunbury and Parramatta
GROUP C: $190
Diocese of Armidale, Ballarat, Bathurst, Broome, Cairns, Darwin, Geraldton, Lismore, Maitland, Newcastle, Port Pirie, Rockhamption, Sale, Sandhurst, Toowoomba, Townsville, Wagga Wagga, Wilcannia Forbes, Wollongong.
Why do some people have to pay more than others to register?
The Australian Catholic Youth Festival is a truly national event – we are committed to making it accessible to participants across Australia. The Tiered Pricing System is designed to assist the affordability of the Festival for all young people regardless of their location.
I am younger than Year 9 – can I come with my family?
The Festival is for young people who are in Year 9 (in 2019) up to the age of 30 and contains mature content. If you are younger than this, we look forward to welcoming you to future festivals!
I’m older than 30 – can I still register as a participant for the Festival?
No – however, over 30s might like to register as
a Group Coordinator
an Adult Leader
an Encounter Expo Exhibitor
Is food included in my registration price?
No – but you will be able to purchase a meal ticket at the time of registration. Meals are supplied by the venue for $15 per person per meal. Meal tickets can be exchanged for a variety of meals in the Festival Food Hall, including catering for a range of dietary requirements.
How can I book accommodation for the Festival duration?
Encanta Events have been appointed as the Event Manager for ACYF19. They will be able to assist sourcing accommodation for your group. Please contact Renee Bennett at: firstname.lastname@example.org to assist you with securing accommodation today.
Who will be presenting at the Festival?
We are currently in the process of securing a range of engaging and quality speakers on a variety of topics. Stay tuned for exciting announcements of guests and presenters throughout 2019.
Safety & Policy
Festival Policies are currently being updated and will be available in 2019